I apologize for having disappeared for so long! I guess life just ran me over and I needed time to recover.
What are your goals for this wonderful (and very cold!) new year? I have decided I want to learn to knit, become better at Tunisian crochet, I will finish my certification to become a Childbirth Educator as well as create (I’ve started it) and keep a household manual for all that important homey stuff us moms and dads need to know! If you are interested in the idea of a household manual, check out this link Home Management Binder. This is where I’m getting all my ideas from but you could probably find SO many more if you just use google.
Now for the patterns! (I do not take credit for this pattern in any way, I am just sharing it here)
Easy To Crochet Cat Toy – By Jamey Ekins
- Medium weight yarn (I used Red Heart)
- Crochet hook (5.00mm H hook)
- Toilet paper tube (I used 1/2 a roll for the small cat toy and a full roll for the large toy)
- Needle and thread
- Darning Needle to weave in ends
Ch = chain, sl st = slip stitch, dc = double crochet (All U.S.)
- (Ch) 20, join with (sl st) to form ring (keeping tension firm but not tight – you want both ends to be a little tighter so they hug around the toilet paper tube). Make sure to not to twist your stitches.
- (Ch) 2 in first chain and then (dc) in each remaining stitch in round. (Sl st) in last stitch in round to join. Repeat for 7 rounds for 1/2 toilet paper roll size toy or 11 rounds for full toilet paper roll.
- Finish off last round with 1 (sl st) in each stitch and join.
- Ch 30 then make 2 (dc) in the 3rd chain from the hook. (If you’d like a longer curlicue than make the chain longer).
- Make 3 (dc) in each chain until you get back to the start of the chain. (Sl st) to join. Fasten off and weave in ends.
- Sew bell on end of curlicue.
- Fit over toilet paper roll.
Click here if you have any trouble knowing or remembering which stitches these are.
(Keep in mind I’m a novice pattern maker so I hope this all makes sense).